Bacon and tomato omelette
30 minutes – serves 4
- 40 ml butter
- 250 g streaky bacon, cut in small pieces
- 8 eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 30 ml finely chopped parsley
Melt half of the butter in a non-stick pan and fry bacon until crispy. Drain on kitchen paper. Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl and season with salt and black pepper. Melt the rest of the butter in a large pan. Turn the plate to medium heat. Pour half of the beaten eggs into the pan. Stir slightly. Place half of the tomatoes and cheese on one half of the eggs. Cover the pan with a lid until the egg has set and the cheese has melted. Fold the omelette in half. Let it slide out of the pan and cut it in half. Make the second omelette with the remaining ingredients. Garnish with parsley.
For a vegetarian omelette, leave out the bacon.