Chicken with chorizo and black olives
- 4 thigh and drumstick chicken portions
- 50 ml olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips of about 1 cm
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips of about 1 cm
- 4 Spanish chorizo sausages, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (400 g) chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml red wine
- 200 g stoned black olives
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 ml paprika
Preheat oven to 200 °C. Put chicken portions in an oven-roasting dish. Pour over olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes until the chicken skin has browned. Lower temperature to 180 °C. Add rest of ingredients and roast for another hour. If it becomes too dry, you can add some more wine or water.
To drink: An Italian chianti. Woolworths has some affordable ones. Use the same wine in the dish.