Chilli and lemon green tapenade
- 500 ml pitted green olives
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 15 ml Dijon mustard
- zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 125 ml almond flakes
- 60 ml good olive oil
- 1 green chilli (remove pips to reduce heat)
- 30 ml capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 chopped anchovies (the kind you buy in glass jars)
Put everything in a food processor and chop until medium fine (it shouldn’t be a pulpy mush). Taste and season. If it’s too thick, thin it out with a little water. Spoon into a jar and keep in the fridge.
Anchovies and capers add saltiness. If you prefer not to use them, the tapenade should be salted to taste. Fresh white bread crumbs can be added to “stretch” it. Vary by adding about 5 ml chopped fresh herbs such as parsley or rosemary. Leftover tapenade can be spread on fish fillets before frying.