Pear and chocolate cake with pear chips
Something between a cake and a brownie, but the big treat is the bits of pear in each bite!
serves 10 – 12
- 165 g (180 ml) butter
- 240 g 70% chocolate, broken into chunks
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 400 g (500 ml) sugar
- 340 ml (600 ml) cake flour, sifted
- 100 g pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 2 Forelle pears, peeled and finely cubed
- 1 Beurre Bosc pear, very thinly sliced with peel still on
- 30 ml castor sugar
Blaauwklippen’s Malbec Noble Late Harvest, one of the few special late harvest red wines in South Africa, and any chocolate’s best friend!