Potato salad with goat's milk cheese
(4 to 6 portions, 25 minutes)
- 500 g baby potatoes, boiled until soft
- 45 ml olive oil
- 120 g salad leaves of your choice
- 200 g goat's milk cheese
- 250 ml good-quality mayonnaise
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat a griddle pan until piping hot and literally smoking. Halve potatoes and sprinkle with olive oil. Fry in hot griddle pan for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crisp. Place salad leaves in a serving bowl and break cheese over leaves. Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice and zest. Spoon potatoes over cheese, followed by mayonnaise. Season well with salt and black pepper. Serve with warm bread and plenty of butter.
TIP: You could also add tuna, smoked sausage or cooked chicken.