Rose cupcakes with marshmallow topping
(About 14 to 16 cupcakes)
- 280 g (500 ml) cake flour
- 315 g (375 ml) caster sugar
- 15 ml baking powder
- 2 ml salt
- 4 eggs
- 115 g (125 ml) butter, melted
- 250 ml milk
- 20 ml rosewater
- 1 pink rose, petals removed and washed
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked
- 105 g (125 ml ) caster sugar
- 1 x 198 g bottle marshmallow fluff
Heat oven to 180 °C. Line cupcake tins with paper cases and spray with non-stick spray. Place all the ingredients in the bowl of your electric mixer. Whisk everything together for 3 to 4 minutes. Divide mixture between cases and place in hot oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cupcakes are golden brown and a testing pen comes out clean. Allow to cool. Brush rose petals with egg white and dip in caster sugar. Leave to set for about 20 to 30 minutes. Spoon marshmallow fluff over cupcakes and decorate with sugared petals.
TIP: If you can't find marshmallow fluff, whisk cream and fold in finely chopped marshmallows.