St Helena is waiting for you!
Famous exile Napoleon Bonaparte was banished here in 1815, while the 6 000 Boer prisoners detained here during the Anglo-Boer War connect the island to South Africa.
Don't delay! Bookings close on 10 January 2020 or sooner once the tour is full.
Video: Sophia van Taak
Day 1: Celebrate your arrival on St Helena with a locally produced liqueur.
Day 2: Go on a guided tour of the island including visits to High Knoll Fort, the Boer cemetery, St Paul’s Cathedral, Prince’s Lodge and Deadwood Plain, as well as the weather station.
Day 3: Enjoy a morning cruise and go on a historical walk in Jamestown in the afternoon.
Dag 4: Visit the coffee plantation and a handmade jewellery boutique, with some leisure time later.
Day 5: Visit Briars Pavilion, Napoleon’s first residence, and then Longwood House where he lived in exile until he passed away in 1821. The day ends with a visit to the distillery.
Day 6: Reception hosted by the governor and a tour of Plantation House, which is the official residence.
Day 7: Guided hike to Diana’s Peak, the highest point on the island.
Day 8: Jacob’s Ladder: all 699 steps or as many as you can manage. The return flight departs in the afternoon.
21– 28 March 2020
Duration: 8 days
Bookings close on 10 January 2020 or sooner once the tour is full.
About £2 275 (R42 087) per person sharing; £695 (R12 857,50) extra single supplement.*
Prices are subject to change, rate of exchange on confirmation, and availability.
*Flights are excluded. Plane ticket guideline: R13 970 return from Johannesburg to Jamestown.
INCLUDED IN THE RATE
- Return airport/hotel transfers
- Seven nights at the Mantis St Helena Hotel
- Full-day guided historical tour, historical Jamestown walk, guided tours to a coffee plantation, Briars Pavilion and Longwood House, the distillery and Diana’s Peak
- A marine boat cruise, a visit to G-Unique Boutique jewellery and a visit to Plantation House, hosted by the governor
- Breakfast daily, two lunches, seven dinners, three picnic lunches and an afternoon tea
BOOK YOUR SPOT!
Teken in en kry onbeperkte toegang tot 11 Afrikaanse tydskrifte en 35 koerante. Alles op een plek.KIES JOU PAKKET