Caltex’s #CaltexEaster Competition Terms and Conditions
This Promotion is organised by Chevron South Africa (Pty) Ltd and Media 24 ("the Promoters") and these terms and conditions apply to the ‘Caltex and You, Huisgenoot & Drum Easter Travel Hub’ Competition #CaltexEaster 1. The Promotion is open to permanent residents and citizens of South Africa except any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls or is controlled by the Promoters, including but not limited to Media 24, Chevron SA (Pty) Ltd (Chevron), Caltex Service Stations, Young & Rubicam SA, Avatar Agency (Pty) Ltd, MEC Global, an independent auditor, Standard Bank South Africa, Grapevine Interactive (Pty) Ltd, Sapphire Logistics (Pty) Ltd, Known associates Pty) Ltd, Retail Insights and /or immediate family members of any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of or person indirectly or directly in control by the Promoters, their advertising agencies, partners, advisers, dealers, suppliers and/or associated companies. 2. Information on how to enter and Prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. This Promotion will be supported on the Huisgenoot, You & Drum Easter Travel Hub at www.huisgenoot.com/kategorie/vat-die-pad/. 3. The Promoters may amend these terms and conditions at any time during the Competition, by posting such amendments on the promotion Terms and Conditions at www.winwithcaltex.co.za, www.huisgenoot.com/promosies/wen-paasfees-met-caltex-r42-000-kontant-is-op-die-spel/ and www.you.co.za/category/win/ and www.drum.co.za/category/promotions/.
4. The Promotion is valid between 09h00 on 10th April 2017 and 07 May 2017 at 17h00.
5. Entrants will stand a chance to win R1 500.00 per day with the total prize money for the promotion amounting to R42, 000.00
6. To enter the Promotion:
6.1 Fill up at Caltex for a minimum amount of R200.00 per transaction.
6.2 Complete the online entry form at Wen met Caltex!
6.2. Each day, one winner will be randomly selected by Media 24 and notified by promoter via email and telephone.
6.3 The R1 500.00 prize money will be paid via Direct Transfer and proof of payment will be emailed to the winner’s email address provided on the Competition Entry form, and that which has been confirmed by the winner, within 48hrs of selection.
6.4 Competition entrants must keep all proof of fuel purchases as the winning entrant will not be eligible to receive prize money without providing valid proof of purchase.
7. Winners are to complete and submit a winners release form. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and it shall revert back to the Promoters.
8. Entrants may enter as often as they like during the promotional period, however entrants will only be eligible to win once over the duration of the Promotion. For example, John Smith may enter multiple times during the promotion, however he may only win once; all further entries will be considered ineligable to win should John’s name be selected by the random generator which Media 24 use to randomly select the daily winners.
8. The cash prize is non-transferable and the winner indemnifies the Promoters and its representatives against any harm in experiencing or using the Prize.
9. The Prize are valued up to what is listed above (see point 5 respectively). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value or the actual Prize. The Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of purchase, residency address and identification for verification (to the Promoters’ satisfaction in their discretion) before issuing the prize.
11. The Promoter's decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoters, the Promoters reserve the right to either cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion.
13. The Promoters will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoters will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this Promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoters, including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures or warranties (including warranties and functionalities of the Prize).
14. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoters which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoters reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoters also reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual whom the Promoters have reason to believe have breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. The Promoters’ legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
15. The Promoters are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this Promotion.
16. The prize may not be awarded (and entries disqualified) if entry procedures or these terms and conditions have not been adhered to or if the Promoters detect and/or suspect any irregularities or fraudulent practices.
17. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoters. The Promoters collect contact information about entrants in order to contact them about the Promotion and, where appropriate, award prizes and may also use the information to assist the Promoters in improving goods and services, and to contact entrants in the future with special offers via any medium including mail, Facebook inbox and commercial electronic messages.
18. Independent registered auditors and/or attorneys will oversee this Promotion.
19. The laws of South Africa apply to this Promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
*Disclaimer: Information was correct at time of going to press but may be subject to change.