The UD Express is happy to announce that entries for our annual Christmas Baby competition are now open!
As with every year, we are looking for a baby to grace the front page of the last edition of the year – which will be published on Thursday, December 16.
The competition is for babies living in the UD Express distribution area who are celebrating their first Christmas; therefore babies who are entered need to be born after December 25, 2020.
To enter, parents need to complete the form below.
Qualifying entries will be uploaded in our Christmas Baby 2021 album on the UD Express Facebook page. Please allow at least one to two working days for entries to be reviewed and uploaded online.
If your photo does not appear in the album, it means it did not qualify.
The competition is not a voting competition – the number of likes/reactions will not affect the outcome of the finalists. A panel of judges will choose the winner of the competition.
The closing date for entries is 16:00 on Monday, November 29. No late entries will be accepted.
- For queries regarding the competition e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only babies who are celebrating their FIRST Christmas may enter.
- Only babies who reside in Kariega, Despatch, Kirkwood and Addo may enter.
- Only entries received via the Christmas Baby form will be accepted.
- No photos that are posted on our Facebook timeline or inbox will be entered.
- You may only enter once for the duration of the competition and only one photo per entrant will be allowed – choose your photo submission carefully.
- Once a photo has been submitted, it cannot be swopped with another photo.
- Photos do NOT need to have a Christmas theme.
- Photos must be high resolution (minimum of 1MB).
- Entries open October 7, and the competition ends on Monday, November 29 at 16:00.
- The winner will be re-photographed by Pro Design Photographers and these photos will be used on the front page.